1. A seed preferred expression cassette having gene regulatory elements comprising:
- the arcelin promoter comprising the sequence shown in SEQ ID N° 1,
- the arcelin 5I leader shown in SEQ ID N° 2,
- the 2S2 storage albumin signal peptide shown in SEQ ID N° 4,
- a heterologous gene of interest, and
- the arcelin 5I 3'end comprising the sequence shown in SEQ ID N° 3, wherein said heterologous gene of interest
is placed between said leader sequence and said arcelin 5I 3' sequence.
2. A seed preferred expression cassette according to claim 1, whereby said gene of interest is fused the sequence
encoding the 2S2 storage albumin signal peptide.
3. A seed preferred expression cassette according to claims 1 or 2, whereby the heterologous gene of interest encodes
a single chain Fv fragment.
4. A method to obtain seed preferred expression of a heterologous protein, using an expression cassette according
to any of claims 1-3, at a level of at least 10% of the total soluble seed protein, with the proviso that said heterologous
protein is not an unmodified seed storage protein.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein said level is at least 15% of the total soluble seed protein.
6. A plant cell transformed with an expression cassette according to any of the claims 1-3.
|Patent number||EP 1 294 915|
|Publication status||Published - 7 Sep 2005|
- seed specific gene expression